- Just start! Most feel they need a master class in political science to work on campaigns. On-the-job training is the most effective way to learn.
- Find a candidate that shares your value and contact their campaign to get involved.
- Basic volunteering like envelope stuffing, door knocking, yard sign distribution, or phone banking is a good start.
- Don’t take on too much. Sometimes a small campaign will ask a new person to be a campaign manager. This can lead to volunteer frustration and you’ll burn out quickly. While campaign work can be uncomfortable or time-consuming, it shouldn’t be frustrating.
- Also, check out our training podcast called Upward – Libertarian Activism.
Get The Libertarian AuroraA daily newsletter for libertarians.
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe to emails We Are Libertarians.