Chris Spangle and Harry Price share their controversial opinion on the mass deletion of InfoWars and Alex Jones from social media, Democrats circulate a plan to regulate the internet and social companies, we ask why Austin Peterson lost, and Brian Nichols calls in to discuss the libertarian position on the Death Penalty. Become a WAL Patron to hear our bonus episode on Chris’s attendance of Podcast Movement.
- [5:40 - Alex Jones Deplatformed]
- [52:30 - Democrats Release Plan to Regulate the Internet]
- [01:15:40 - Austin Petersen Loses in Missouri]
- [01:21:08 - Path to Libertarianism - The Death Penalty with Brian Nichols]
Click the link to automatically skip to the segment.
Alex Jones and InfoWars
- It it is not about regulating social companies. It is about avoiding regulation. – https://www.facebook.com/chris.spangle/posts/10103809958724244
- Prohibition backfires – https://www.facebook.com/chris.spangle/posts/10103809918659534
- Vote with your dollars – https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10103807276379684
- This was cartel behavior. https://www.facebook.com/chris.spangle/posts/10103806846171824
- Why boycott companies like Target over guns, but not Facebook over free speech? – https://www.facebook.com/chris.spangle/posts/10103806756341844
- Who will determine what is acceptable political speech now? Silicon valley. That ought to make libertarians nervous. They censored based on violence, harassment, sexual content, but not political speech. This is a change.- https://www.facebook.com/chris.spangle/posts/10103806443833114
- Those that would erode free speech always begin with the ugliest speech. – https://www.facebook.com/chris.spangle/posts/10103806247371824
- These companies claim to be fair and equal, but they are not.
- If private business is propped up by government subsidies, should they be regulated like public institutions?
- Creighton Harrington – Thought experiment: we wake up tomorrow and the world is stateless utopia. How many libertarians will have anything left to believe in?
- Alex Jones and Apps
- Removed from domains?
- Implicit contracts
- Facebook Says It Is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments – https://static.theintercept.com/amp/facebook-says-it-is-deleting-accounts-at-the-direction-of-the-u-s-and-israeli-governments.html?twitterimpression=true
- The social media crackdown is hitting our people – https://mailchi.mp/tomwoods/1070syzgnq-318529?e=b79ebbc08a
- Banning Alex Jones Isn’t About Free Speech—It’s About the Incoherence of ‘Hate Speech’ – https://reason.com/blog/2018/08/07/alex-jones-facebook-ban-hate-speech
- Apple and Google haven’t banned Infowars apps, and their downloads are booming – https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/7/17660564/apple-google-infowars-app-ban-downloads
- Apple Removes Alex Jones and Infowars Podcasts From iTunes – https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/apple-removes-alex-jones-and-infowars-podcasts-from-itunesus5b67c30de4b0b15abaa49846
- The Crackdown Continues: Twitter Suspends Libertarian Accounts, Including Ron Paul Institute Director – https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/crackdown-continues-twitter-suspends-libertarian-accounts-including-ron-paul
- Google, Tesla, Apple, Facebook rake in massive subsidies: report – https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/03/google-tesla-apple-facebook-rake-in-massive-subsidies-report/
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act – https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230
Democrats Roll Out Plans to Regulate the Internet
- Senate Democrats Are Circulating Plans for Government Takeover of the Internet – https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/democrats-tech-policy-plans-leaked
- Sen. Chris Murphy calls for more Silicon Valley censorship: ‘Survival of our democracy depends on it’ – http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/07/sen-chris-murphy-calls-for-more-silicon-valley-censorship-survival-our-democracy-depends-on-it.html
- The EU is About to Destroy The Internet – https://youtu.be/fvXOfq3AB8s
Austin Peterson Loses Election
- How to win an election – https://www.facebook.com/WeAreLibertarians/posts/2054323757932104
- Austin Petersen Trounced in Missouri GOP Primary Election for U.S. Senate – https://reason.com/blog/2018/08/07/austin-petersen-trounced-in-missouri-gop
Libertarian Opinion on the Death Penalty
- Brian Nichols Show 28: Conservatives Concerned About the Death Penalty with Hannah Cox – https://briannichols.fireside.fm/34
- The Libertarian Case Against the Death Penalty – https://www.libertarianism.org/columns/libertarian-case-against-death-penalty
- If You Hate Big Government, You Should Oppose the Death Penalty – https://fee.org/articles/if-you-hate-big-government-you-should-oppose-the-death-penalty/
- Pope declares death penalty inadmissible, changing Church’s stance – https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/02/europe/pope-death-penalty-intl/index.html
- Former Texas Prosecutor Now Opposes Death Penalty as New Study is Released on Wrongful Convictions – https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/new-voices-former-texas-prosecutor-now-opposes-death-penalty-new-study-released-wrongful-convictions
- Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row – https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row
- Free Thoughts on The Death Penalty: https://www.libertarianism.org/media/free-thoughts-podcast/death-penalty
- In Louisiana prosecutor offices, a toxic culture of death and invincibility – https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/04/06/in-louisiana-prosecutor-offices-a-toxic-culture-of-death-and-invincibility/?noredirect=on&utmterm=.720bf6b1c28a
- Florida ACLU says state has ‘the most errors and exonerations from death row’ – https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2014/jun/02/aclu-florida/florida-aclu-says-state-has-most-errors-and-exoner/**_