Chris Spangle talks about his struggles with depression, why does someone like Anthony Bourdain kill himself, what does depression feel like, how does one lift out of depression, and why our society is causing more people to commit suicide.
- Why Alone? Why WAL is different?
- Anthony Bourdain – Why?
- My story
- What does depression feel like?
- What are the signs of depression
- Depression vs the blues
- Depression after College
- Why does someone kill themselves?
- What are some warning signs a friend is in trouble?
- How do you lift yourself out of it?
- What are the six pillars of self-esteem?
- What are the elements of attraction?
- What are the values of our culture?
- When was the last time you asked yourself what’s important and what you value?
- Do those answers match your behavior?
- We are all glass houses living in fear of rocks.
- We are uncomfortable with intimacy and vulnerability.
- 30 Books To Heal Depression and Codependency and Grow Emotionally – https://chrisspangle.com/30-books-heal-codependency-grow-emotionally/
- How to Fight Depression and Suicidal Thoughts –https://chrisspangle.com/how-to-fight-depression-and-suicidal-thoughts/
- Six Pillars of Self-Esteem – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JK9BAY/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- Six Pillars of Self-Esteem – https://experiencelife.com/wp-content/themes/expb3/images/PDFs/PhilosophersNotes-PDFs/70-the-six-pillars-of-self-esteem.pdf
- Brene Brown – https://brenebrown.com/
- What causes depression? – https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression
- Inside A Suicidal Mind – http://puckermob.com/moblog/inside-a-suicidal-mind
- A survey of Dartmouth’s political and free speech climate – http://www.thedartmouth.com/article/2018/05/a-survey-of-dartmouths-political-and-free-speech-climate
- Why can’t we hate men? – https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-cant-we-hate-men/2018/06/08/f1a3a8e0-6451-11e8-a69c-b944de66d9e7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.025c89333776
- Vital Signs: Trends in State Suicide Rates — United States, 1999–2016 and Circumstances Contributing to Suicide — 27 States, 2015 – https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/wr/mm6722a1.htm
- Posting a hotline number isn’t enough. Break down doors to prevent a suicide – http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-schroeder-suicide-prevention-20180612-story.html
- Depression vs The Blues – https://psychcentral.com/lib/depression-versus-the-blues/
Signs and Symptoms of Depression
If you have been experiencing some of the following signs and symptoms most of the day, nearly every day, for at least two weeks, you may be suffering from depression:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Moving or talking more slowly
- Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
Elements of Attraction
Mate: What Women Want. – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RTY0FKK/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- The Tender Defender
- Material Proof
- Aesthetic Proof – fashion signals intelligence, social ability, and resources.
- Mental & Emotional Health
- Willpower & Conscientiousness
- Social Proof
- Romantic Proof
- Physical Health