20. Drew Carey: This isn’t your mom’s Drew Carey. This new and improved 90’s sitcom alum, former host of Whose Line is it Anyway and current host of The Price is Right will have you estimating the actual price of a night out on the town with him (without going over). You might even get to spin the big wheel.
19. Tom Selleck: We could easily run down this star’s IMDB profile; listing his many accomplishments in film and television (he was on Friends people). However, with respect to your time and our effort, it’s enough to just say what we’re all thinking: “Mustache.”
18. Ayn Rand: What do you mean why Ayn Rand? Why is the sky blue? Who is John Gault?
17. Glenn Beck: This prominent radio host and cable television entrepreneur is outspoken, courageous, and all about traditional values. Though his cultural preferences are often scoffed and opinions aren’t perfect, Glenn Beck knows when to admit that he’s wrong. He’s sensitive, and he increasingly seems more open minded to libertarian ideas. Yes, while Glenn may sometimes seem to be a work in progress, aren’t we all? The charm is in the fact that he admits it, and for all you ladies with daddy issues, this mature grandfather and family man is sure to fill the void.
16. Kane / Glenn Jacobs: The ladies find this guy so hot that he has to wear flames on his clothing.
15. Ron Paul: The allure of this former congressman and presidential hopeful is all about security. He’ll protect you like you were wrapped in the U.S. Constitution.
14. Rupert Boneham: Rupert will probably have to endure this comparison his entire life, but he’ll survive. He’s a Survivor. Women like him because they can trust that when the world falls apart and society is once again operated according to the law of the jungle, they’ll have a man who can start a fire, build a shelter, and put dinner on the table even in the most extreme of circumstances. And, if you look at his organization Rupert’s Kids, you get the impression that he’s all about kids…and second chances.
13. Jeffrey Tucker: Life gets stressful and sometimes you just want to feel better about your circumstances. That’s why the ladies love Jeffrey Tucker. He’s an optimist. This big picture thinker likes to have a good time. He’s a modern day George Bailey, but instead of throwing a lasso around the moon to woo you, this Liberty.me founder will build you a city in the cloud; and probably all the while drinking a martini.
12. Nick Gillespie: The James Dean of the liberty movement; this witty political commentator can certainly turn a phrase…and usually does so in a leather jacket.
11. Captain America: Bro, Have you even seen The Winter Soldier?
10. Judge Jim Gray: For those women who like a man who can make decisions. Judge.
9. John Stossel: Think Tom Selleck…but with an even better mustache.
8. Creighton Harrington: Like the Sirens with their enchanting song, or Ron Burgundy with his jazz flute, Creighton Harrington is the kind of guy who can make Walt Whitman look like Dr. Seuss; or Sinatra like Sanjaya…simply by wooing you with a strategically placed recitation of Bill Pullman’s classic speech from Independence Day.
7. Dan Peffers: This bearded wonder boy and ex UPS employee has delivered time and time again. Ask any young ingénue.But even though he’s no longer dawning the brown and yellow, the ladies still say he still knows how handle a package.
6. Joe Ruiz: Joe is here strictly for affirmative action purposes as a means to fill a quota. He’s Puerto Rican though for those who like that kind of thing.
5. Greg Lenz: If scientists were to take DNA from each member of The Rat Pack and turn it all into a single clone, and then by chance discover that he’s actually a genius on top of that, you’d have Greg Lenz. Don’t let his former Republican status fool you. This one’s a keeper.
4. Tommy Chong: For those who prefer a strong sense of humor; he’s a joker. He’s a smoker. He’s a midnight toker.
3. Mark Cuban: Kanye West called you a gold digger and you know he was right. Mark Cuban is Rich. Enough said.
2. Shirtless Gary Johnson: Remember the old Motown classic Ain’t No Mountain High Enough? With Shirtless Gary Johnson that’s actually true. This guy is well on his way to scaling the tallest peaks on every continent. He’s also been a state governor and a successful entrepreneur. And just look at this picture of him next to our current president. Shirtless Gary Johnson is the man.
1. The President of ALL Libertarians; Chris Spangle: A picture is worth a thousand words.
Last Year’s Number One: Miah Akston – has been removed from this list for extemporaneous circumstances and castration.
Yesterday the website Liberty Viral published an article titled 20 of the Hottest Libertarian Women Alive. Though We Are Libertarians offers kudos to the hard work of those very bright, very focused women who are working to advance the cause of liberty, does an article like that really have merit where our movement is concerned? Having interviewed Julie Borowski and followed Libertarian Girl, we know that their personal priorities are less about gaining recognition for physical appearances, and more about creating engaging conversations that will hopefully lead to a freer society.
And because we’re all for that kind of girl power, the extremely man-tastic panel at We Are Libertarians has decided to offer this guy-centric list of the 20 Hottest Libertarian Men Alive in response.
As this article was being written, Liberty Viral published a similar piece…If you compare the lists…you’ll know which one is legit.
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe to emails We Are Libertarians.